Virtues of Ramadaan
My Ummah has been given five special things that were not given to anyone before them.
Abu Hurairah relates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam) said
- 1. The smell from the mouth of a fasting Muslim is sweeter for Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) than the pleasant smell of musk.
2. The Fish in the sea seeks forgiveness on their behalf until they break their fast.
3. Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) prepares and decorates His special Jannah every day and then says (to it) : " The time is near when My fruitful servants shall put away the load (of the world) and come to you."
4. In this month, the rebellious shayateen are chained, so as not to cause those evils which they normally do during months other than Ramadhaan.
5. On the last night of Ramadhan., the fasting Muslims are forgiven. The Sahabah there upon inquired O Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam), is that night "Laylat ul Qadr?" Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam) replied No, But it is only night that a servant should be given his reward on having completed his duty. •
Rasulullah (SAW), said:
"No servant fasts on a day in the path of Allah except that Allah removes the Hell Fire seventy years further away from his face." [Bukhari and Muslim]
• "The gates of Hell are closed, the gates of Paradise are opened, and the devils are in chains. [Ahmad and an-Nasa'i]
• "And whoever gave a person who fasted water to drink, Allah shall grant that giver to drink from My fountain, such a drink where after that person shall never again feel thirsty until he enters Jannah." •
Sahl ibn Sa`d said that the Prophet (s.a.w.) said:
"Indeed there is a gate of Paradise called ar-Rayyaan. On the day of Resurrection those who fast will enter through it; no one enters it except for them, and when they have entered, it is closed so that no one enters it, so when the last of them enters it, it is closed, and whoever enters it drinks, and whoever drinks never becomes thirsty." [Ibn Khuzaimah, Saheeh]. •
On the Day of Judgement,
"Fasting will say: O My Lord I prevented him from food an desires so accept my intercession for him." [Ahmad, al-Haakim and Abu Nu'aim, Hasan] •
Abu Saeed Khudri (Radhiallahu anh) relates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said:
"During each day and night of Ramadhan, Allah sets free a great number of souls from Hell. And for every Muslim, during each day and night, at least one prayer is certainly accepted."
History of Ramadaan
Is the ninth month of the Islamic Calendar.
Meaning of Ramadaan:- Ramadaan is deprived from the Arabic word "RAMADHA", literally this means: "Intense Heat". The possible number of reasons defining the acquisitionof the name "RAMADAAN" are as established below:
1)When the Islamic months were enforced the month of fasting coincided with the summer months of intense heat. 3)It has also been said that "RAMADHAA" is one of the names of Allah Ta'aalaa. If that is the case then the month has acuired the name due to the fact that Allah Ta'aalaa burns away accumulated sins and eliminates then from the list of unlawful deeds. Once again the burning sins connotates "HEAT". However. it should be acknowledged that this reasoning is not wholly reliable. 1)Hadhrat Hasan (R.A.), the grandson of the Holy Prophet was born in this month on the 15th of Ramadhaan, three years after Hijrah. 3)The first Battle in the Islamic History, "BATTLE OF BADR" took place on the 12th of Ramadhaan 2 A.H.
2)The second reason which has been mentioned is that due to fasting the temperature within the stomach increases, again the element of heat is a factor behind the actual naming of RAMADHAAN.
3)It has also been said that "RAMADHAA" is one of the names of Allah Ta'aalaa. If that is the case then the month has acuired the name due to the fact that Allah Ta'aalaa burns away accumulated sins and eliminates then from the list of unlawful deeds. Once again the burning sins connotates "HEAT". However. it should be acknowledged that this reasoning is not wholly reliable.
A hadeeth regarding Ramadhaan:- Hadhrat Salmaan (R.A) reports that on the last day of Sha'baan the Messenger of Allah Ta'aalaa addressed then and said, "Oh people, there comes before you now a great month, a most blessed month in which lies a night more greater in virtue than 1,000 months; (LAYLATUL-QADR). It is a month in which each day should be observed by fasting, this has been made obligatory by the Almighty Allah."
Great events that took place in Ramadaan:-
1)Hadhrat Hasan (R.A.), the grandson of the Holy Prophet was born in this month on the 15th of Ramadhaan, three years after Hijrah.
2)On the 27th night of Ramadaan the Qur'an was revealed from the "Lauhe Mahfooz" (on the seventh sky) to the first of the skies.
3)The first Battle in the Islamic History, "BATTLE OF BADR" took place on the 12th of Ramadhaan 2 A.H.
4)Victory of Makkah took place in the year 8 A.H, entering Makkah on the 18th of Ramadhaan.
Matrimonies within Ramadhaan:
1)Hadhrat Sawdah (R.A) was married in this Holy month in the year 10 A.H. to the Holy Prophet
2)Hadhrat Zainab Bint Khuzaima's (R.A.) marriage took place in Ramadhaan in the year 3 A.H. to the Holy Prophet .
Deaths in Ramadhaan:-
1) Amongst the daughters of the Holy Prophet , Hadhrat Ruqayyah (R.A) passed away at the young age of 23, 2 A.H when the Prophet was engaged in the "Battle of Badr".
2) Amongst the wives of the Holy prophet Hadhrat Khadijah (R.A) departed from this world on the 11th of Ramadhaan 10 (A.H.) after the Prophet acquired prophecy.
3) Hadrat Fatimah (R.A) took leave from the world on a Tuesday 3rd Ramadhaan 11 A.H. (6 months after the Prophet she was then 29 years old.)
4) Hadrat Abbas (R.A.) the Holy Prophet uncle passed away on a Friday 12th Ramadhaan 32 (A.H) at the age of 88
5) Hadrat Ali (R.A.) the Prophet son-in-law departed from this world on Friday 27th Ramadhaan, age 57, 40 A.H.
6)Hadhrat Ali (R.A.) met mertydom- 18th Ramadhaan 40 A.H.
7)Hadhrat Saffiyah (R.A.) took leave from this world in 50 (A.H.), aged 60 years.
8)Hadhrat Aa'ishah (R.A.) was 65 years old when she departed in the year 58 A.H.