Our Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime
(Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)
• four rakaats.
• Can read anytime day or night besides the three makrooh times
” Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar ”
Method: The above is read 300 times altogether in the 4 Rakaats.
Read SANA “Subhaana Kallahumma…”, THEN read the above tasbih 15 times. (Total 15 times)
Now recite Aaozobillah and “Bismillah…”,
Then read sura Fatiha
Then a Surah Then the tasbih again 10 times. (this will total 25 times)
Go into ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar),
Then reciting “Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem” minimum of 3times Now read the tasbih 10 times again. (Total 35)
Then get up frm ruku Saying “Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh” Then read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku. (Total 45)
Go into 1ST Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar)
Then recite “Subhaana Rabbiyal A’la” minimum of 3 times Then read the tasbih 10 times in the 1ST Sajdah. (Total 55)
Now sit-up from the 1ST Sajdah and in “At-tahiyah” position (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in this position read tasbih 10 times (Total 65)
Go into 2ND sajda and again read Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar)
Then recite “Subhaana Rabbiyal A’la” minimum of 3 times Then read the tasbih 10 times in the 2ND Sajdah again. (Total 75)
Get up to begin 2ND rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Do rakah #2 in same fashion as rakat 1 but dont say thana, jus say 15 tasbihs and then surah fatiha and surah same as first raakat
After 2ND Sajdah of 2ndRakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting)
Then read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua Then get up for 3RD rakaat without saying Salam.
Do 3RD Rakat, just like the 1ST Rakat.so say thana and then 15 tasbihs and the rest same.
Do 4TH Rakat, just like the 2nd Rakat ie no thana just 15 tasbihs and reast same until you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
Read Attahiyat (the last sitting position of namaz), Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.
Insha allah I have made it easy to understand as I tried to break the prayer down for you.
1) Do not count loudly. It will break your namaz
2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand.
3) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the 1ST raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the 2ND raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the 3RD raka Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the 4th raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.
4) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
5) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after “Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem”. Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
6) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remember it later, then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now. And Allah knows best